Netgear Genie is an application designed for mobile and PC that can be used to control and set up the range extender. If you want to manage the home network with the touch of the finger then Genie has made this possible. Make sure that the version of OS installed in the extender is the latest.
Do you want to configure the home network using the simple interface? This is possible with the Netgear Genie desktop application. No matter which OS you are using. It is supported by Mac and Windows both. This app is developed and configured in such a manner that even a person from a non-technical background can easily read and understand its menus. If a user wants, he can change the username or SSID of the extender through the Netgear Genie.
Steps for Smart setup wizard
- Connect the extender to the network available.
- Connect the computer to the existing network and open the web browser.
- Enter Mywifiext.net in the address bar and press ‘Enter’.
- The Genie setup screen will open, click on ‘New extender setup’ or change the settings of the existing one.
What features are available in the Netgear genie?
- You can monitor and control the network at home through smartphones or tablets.
- Stream videos and music buffer-free through ‘My media’ on the network.
- If Air Print compatible printer is available, get the prints done directly from the smartphone.
- EZ mobile features for secure connection through smartphones and tablets.
- Parental controls, in-house monitoring, and a lot more amazing features.
- Debug issues in the network.
How to download Netgear Genie?
When you enter the default address of range extender, the page automatically opens and if it doesn’t open automatically, then launch it manually by entering the IP address of the extender which is given at the back panel of it. For more information, contact the extender's help and assistance.