Using a good retinol face cream can give a glow to your skin. Retinol cream is one of the most effective creams you should use if you have an ageing skin. There are various products designed specifically considering the types of skins. You can check products enriched with vitamin C, retinol for sensitive skin, so that you can prevent your skin from ageing, dullness, blemishes etc.
What is it?
Retinol is the animal form of vitamin A. It is a fat-soluble vitamin which is important in sharpening vision and in bone growth.
What does it do?
When retinol comes in contact with skin, enzymes present in the body converts retinol into retinoic acid, the active form of vitamin. It works on skin cells in a variety of helpful ways.
Image Source: Google
Retinoic acid increases cell turnover, stimulates collagen and elastin production, and fades hyperpigmentation which helps in keeping skin hydrated and glowing without irritation.
For what kind of skin is it suitable?
If you apply pure retinoic acid directly on the skin, it can cause irritation. If you have got soft skin, retinol is a milder, but equally effective material. Pure retinol reduces the instances of irritation, but still gets the benefits of retinoic acid.
1. Retinol is an antioxidant that flushes out all toxins which can damage the skin and its cells. It mainly protects the skin from cancer.
2. Fuels cell growth and reproduction.
3. Eliminates deep wrinkles and other damages.
4. Reduces and eliminates ageing spots, which in turn will improve the complexion of your skin.
5. Protects skin from getting damaged by UV rays of the sun.